an Overview of Gait Cycle

Dr. Roger Saldana, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon with Miami Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute at Baptist Children's Hospital, explains the gait cycle is a bipedal locomotion, walking upright.

It has two phases: stance phase, and a swing phase. "You spent about 60% of your time in your stance phase and the other 40% in the swing phase; analyzing the phases will help us determine whether your child is walking normally". He also points out it is about the age of seven when we have a mature walk.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in the programs on this channel and website are intended to address specific questions asked or situations described in each particular program, are for educational purposes only, and are not designed to constitute advice or recommendations as to any disease, ailment, or physical condition. You should not act or rely upon any information contained in these programs without seeking the advice of your personal physician or a qualified medical provider. If you have any questions about the information or opinions expressed, please contact your doctor or other medical professional.

 

Terms and Conditions          Privacy Policy         Contact Us       Media Kit     Access  

Copyright © 2018 Health Channel℠ AllHealth AlltheTime℠